Welcome on the page of Moose Jaw's francophone community!
To find out about our activites:
- Like our Facebook page: ACF Moose Jaw
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
- Contact us:
- Visit us at the Francophone Community Centre:
- 450, 3rd Avenue NW, Moose Jaw (SK) S6H 1K4
- Opening hours: Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9:15 am to 3:15 pm and Thursday from noon to 6 pm.
We're looking forward to sharing our language and culture with you!
Yes, there are Francophones in Moose Jaw!
According to the 2016 census, 550 Moose Javians have French as a first language. In total, 1855 residents speak French & English.
This community keeps growing thanks to...
- French speaking newcomers;
- French & French immersion schools;
- French classes offered to the community.
Yes, there are activites in French in Moose Jaw!
Many activites take place during the year:
- parents and tots play groups
- a sugar shack supper
- a tintamarre fransaskois
- an ice fishing tournament
- a franco-fun summer camp
- a zombie vs human run
- and much more!
The ACFMJ offers several services!
- French classes;
- visits of the community centre;
- information about French services available in Moose Jaw and in Saskatchewan;
- the possibility to rent rooms during evenings, weekends and the summer ($);
- and more!
Board members of the ACFMJ
Contacting the Board by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marouf Sobabi - Chair
Sylvie Simo - Vice-chair
Stéphanie Gaudet - Treasurer
Rebecca Lynn - Secretary
Akossiwa Batonon- Councillor #1
Vacant - Councillor #2
Jeannine Machozi Deshi - Councillor #3
Become a volunteer!
The ACFMJ is regularly looking for volunteers. Contact us to know how you can make a difference in the French community!