Welcome on the page of Moose Jaw's francophone community!
To find out about our activites:
- Like our Facebook page: ACF Moose Jaw
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
- Contact us:
- Visit us at the Francophone Community Centre:
- 450, 3rd Avenue NW, Moose Jaw (SK) S6H 1K4
- Opening hours: Monday from 10am to 4pm, Wednesday from 10am to 4pm and Thursday from 12pm to 6pm
We're looking forward to sharing our language and culture with you!
Yes, there are Francophones in Moose Jaw!
According to the 2016 census, 550 Moose Javians have French as a first language. In total, 1855 residents speak French & English.
This community keeps growing thanks to...
- French speaking newcomers;
- French & French immersion schools;
- French classes offered to the community.
Yes, there are activites in French in Moose Jaw!
Many activites take place during the year:
- parents and tots play groups
- a sugar shack supper
- a tintamarre fransaskois
- an ice fishing tournament
- a franco-fun summer camp
- a zombie vs human run
- and much more!
The ACFMJ offers several services!
- French classes;
- visits of the community centre;
- information about French services available in Moose Jaw and in Saskatchewan;
- the possibility to rent rooms during evenings, weekends and the summer ($);
- and more!
Board members of the ACFMJ
Chantal Beaudoin - Chair
Sylvie Simo - Vice-chair
Stéphanie Gaudet - Treasurer
Sophie Quemeneur - Secretary
Jennifer Pippus - Councillor #1
Audray-Anne Montpetit - Councillor #2
Karen Watson - Councillor #3
Become a volunteer!
The ACFMJ is regularly looking for volunteers. Contact us to know how you can make a difference in the French community!